Thursday, March 20, 2008

Our Project

So today we rented the sander to start refinishing the floors! (Thursday March 21st) I'm so excited. This step and then the stain and sealing will then allow us to start moving everyone upstairs ... can I just express how wonderful this will be for us. My entry way wont look like a closet. We wont have toys EVERYWHERE downstairs, we wont have laundry spread everywhere, we wont have a ton of furniture everywhere! Just thinking about this move makes me calm!

We will take some photos today - not sure what all will get done. hopefully all the sanding will be done today!

Before Sanding




After sanding - now we just have to tack clothe it and we are debating if we will actually stain it or just do a warm glow top coat. the wood is beautiful as is.

Im so excited - maybe this weekend we can get everything done - I'm sure I'll have to enlist my parents if we want it done by then. If not surely by next weekend. YEAH.


Oh in other news - Braden finally went pee in the toilet - he was very proud of himself! We will be attempting a book called "Potty training in one day" - it sounds doable. We will do this here when we are upstairs. I really think he is ready! Cant wait not to change that childs diapers!


Brants birthday is approaching! (Tomorrow) Poor thing has to work on his birthday - I'm currently trying to think of something we can do prior to him going in Saturday! I'm sure I'll think of something.

Easter is this weekend and I have slacked and have failed to get things ready - so I will be rushing out tomorrow morning to look for stuff!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Yay! Both on finishing your house AND potty training Braden. Way to go!! I bet you'll be so excited to have the upstairs finished - those wood floors look gorgeous!

Kendra | Our Homemade Happiness said...

I can't wait to have a house and house projects someday! I had to stop watching HGTV because it gave me house-envy really bad!