Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Things sometimes dont go your way...

Gosh this is a hard thing for me to admit, cause goodness sakes I like to have control. Let me tell ya some of the good that has happened then I'll fill ya in on why I've been absent.
We got a new computer. Amazing how cheap you can get a computer when someone orders ones and it gets scratched and sent back... might I recommend that to anyone that is in the market for a new computer, check out - there you can find things that have been refurbished (and certified) or scratch and dent. I'm totally loving the new machine, the little amount of time I've been on it.
Brant was officially offered his position with Conoco Phillips, which means when they move us, which seems to have been moved up, we will move to Bartlesville.
The weather here is beautiful, spring has arrived.
Hmmm what else is good... I know other good things have happened.
New Favorite CD - Zac Brown Band - they are the ones that recorded Chicken Fried, but oh my the rest of the cd is just awesome. If you are a Van Morrison fan, you'll love them. They are country but very soul country. Cute songs.
Hmmm... what else is good. Started a new book - "Living the Truth" - it is supposed to help me deal with the "shields" or defenses I put up in life. I'll do alittle write up on it when I actually dive into it, which by the way, the author makes you commit to reading it in 30 days.

Okay so now for my bad news. Or painful news. Sunday morning I was being lazy and didn't get up and around quickly for church, I was soaking in the tub, kiddie gate securely placed at the top of the stairwell. My monkeys decided they couldn't wait for mommy to get done and as I heard them running down the stairs I thought... no no no too many things they could do while I probably fall back asleep in this tub. So out I flew. Without drying my feet and slipped and slammed my back against the stairs (hard wood floors). Yeah I knew something wasn't right but I went down got the boys in tears and told them they had to stay in their room while I finished my bath - cause I swore it was a stinger and it would go away. As I got back in the tub which hurt so badly, I called my husband in tears, telling him I think I need to go to the er. His job is not one where he can just rush out. So he said call your mom, I'm like Sacrament has already started. He said I will figure it out.
So he called many cell phone numbers and no one answered, finally called the ward building and mom and dad were on their way. Now remember I did this all in my birthday suit. So as soon as he said your mom and dad are on their way I got out of the tub and had my poor 3 year old help me get dressed. So odd having him hold your panties saying help momma.... they were troopers and I was so thankful Braden was old enough to follow directions.
Mom and dad got there and we went to the er, brant met us there.
Nothing was broke but OH MY HEAVENS I've been in such pain ever since. They gave me some heavy drugs that Sunday and I really don't remember alot from that past week. I came too Wednesday when I was realizing my pain pills were not refillable and they were vanishing. So I ran out and thought no no no I should be better I'll take Ibuprofen, Friday night I threw up cause lets face it when your not feeling well and you take pills they just don't sit well... and Ibuprofen was about all I had on my stomach. Throwing up with hurt ribs! NOT FUN. Saturday I marched myself down to the Urgent Care center where they were able to refill my muscle relaxer and give me some lower but still good pain killers. Tomorrow I go to the Chiropractor. The urgent care center tells me I shouldn't be in as much pain as I am - and that if it isn't significantly better by the end of the week they would want a cat scan to see if I tore a muscle or have soft tissue damage. I can tell ya this much. I'm functioning so much better. I have pain when I on my back or have over done it and twist a certain way, when I agitate it, it feels like something is ripping or tearing... goodness me it hurts. But I'm doing so much better.
So yeah I've been MIA.
I haven't gotten things installed yet on this new computer but that is my goal for tomorrow morning. I need my design software and I need to hook the old computer up so i can finish the other backup of my C drive (already have D). I'm so looking forward to scrapbooking on this thing. It has more ram then my first computer had hard drive space. Like by 200% lol... amazing how computers change in 10 years.
Sorry no photos this post. But with this weather being so darn awesome I think I might take the boys out in the morning and get some new photos of them. Parker hit his head hard Tuesday while at Grandma, I am hoping it is healed before Easter - I've got the boys some cute "Island Chic" outfits for Easter (white linen pants - I'm INSANE).
Brant's 30th Birthday is Sunday - so is his Baptism. So I will have lots to Report on. Friday we are going to see the THUNDER.
I've submitted my NCAA brackets to the local radio station. Anyone want to challenge me?
So lots of things to blog about, and I plan on it. Bare with me!

So on the list of photos -
Bruise, Computer, Boys, Spring Things....... I think that is it? OH I got a new haircut... I'll take a new photo showing that lol...


Kyla Lewis said...

I hope you feel better Jill!!

FiestyShamrock said...

Well dang we are going to miss Brants special day :( We are going home (AZ) for the week. Hope you guys have a great time. Hope you heal up real quick!

Melanie said...

Oh no, Jill. I hope you are on the mend. What a terrible week!